To address the current situation in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, the City of Loves Park is taking the following precautionary actions to protect the residents of the City and the employees of the City. Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020:
- Loves Park City Hall will remain open to the public. However, we are encouraging residents to limit person-to-person business visits to those that are absolutely necessary. Please consider calling the appropriate department with general questions, rather than in-person contact.
- Building permits will still be issued over the counter. However, we encourage that, when possible, permits are taken out via email or fax and paid for by credit card by phone. Please contact the Building Department at 815-654-5033 for instructions and assistance.
- All building inspections within occupied residences will be suspended. Emergency inspections of occupied residences will be at the discretion of the Building Official after all recommended precautions are taken. Inspections of all new construction & commercial/industrial structures will continue as normal.
- The Loves Park Water Department building lobby will be closed to the public. The drive-up window will be available for payments and inquiries. Customers are encouraged to utilize online and drive-thru payment options.
- All water shut-offs for non-payment will be suspended until further notice. This does not relieve water customers of payment of water/garbage bills. Any accumulated fees during this time will be the responsibility of the water customer.
- The new water meter installation program will be suspended.
- There will be no non-emergency service calls for water-related issues
- The GPAC facility at Loves Park City Hall will be closed.
- All meetings at City Hall which will have more than 25 participants will be canceled. This includes events scheduled in the Civic Center portion of City Hall and the gym.
- City Council meetings will continue. However, residents are encouraged to view the meetings on either Comcast/Xfinity Channel 57 or via the City’s Facebook page. Residents that need to attend the City Council meeting for a specific business will be asked to sign in with appropriate information. If the capacity of people attending the City Council meeting exceeds 25 people, alternate viewing areas within City Hall will be established to view the meeting remotely.
Due to the fluid and ever-changing status of this pandemic, these policies could be altered at any time to protect the health and well-being of the public and City employees. The City is taking all precautions to comply with the recommendations of the Winnebago County Health Department and the State of Illinois. These precautions are in effect from Tuesday, March 17, 2020, through April 15, 2020. After this 30 day period, these procedures will be readdressed and possibly extended if deemed necessary.
Director of Community Development & Public Works/Building Official
100 Heart Boulevard
Loves Park, IL 61111
Phone: (815) 654-5033
Fax (815) 654-5004