To address the current situation in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic and the Executive Order of Governor Pritzker, the City of Loves Park is taking the following precautionary actions to protect the residents of the City and the employees of the City. Effective Monday, March 23, 2020:
- Loves Park City Hall will be closed to the public to prevent unnecessary contact & possible exposure of COVID 19 to City employees. However, all City departments will be open, with limited staff, to assist the public via telephone and email. All appropriate telephone numbers and email addresses can be found on the City’s website at www.cityoflovespark.com.
- The Loves Park City Council meeting and all committee meetings scheduled for Monday, March 23, 2020, have been canceled. Future City Council meetings will be held utilizing telephonic and online technology and will be viewable by the public. Please check the City’s website for more information after March 23, 2020.
- Building permits will still be issued via the telephone, fax, or email. Payment will be required with either credit card payment, or maybe billed if the account has been established with City. Please contact the Building Department at 815-654-5033 for instructions and assistance.
- All building inspections will be suspended for the duration of the Governor’s Executive Order. Emergency inspections will be done at the discretion of the Building Official after all recommended precautions are taken. These inspections will consist of only those which pose an immediate life safety threat.
- The Loves Park Water Department building lobby will be closed to the public. The drive-up window will be available for payments and inquiries. Customers are encouraged to utilize online and drive-thru payment options. All penalties for late payment will be waived during the closure.
- All water shut-offs for non-payment will be suspended until further notice. This does not relieve water customers of the payment obligation of water/garbage bills. Any accumulated fees during this time will be the responsibility of the water customer and subject to water shut-off once the City’s Declaration of Emergency ends. The new water meter installation program will be suspended.
- There will be no non-emergency service calls for water-related issues
- The GPAC facility at Loves Park City Hall will be closed.
- All meetings and activities at City Hall have been canceled. This includes events scheduled in the Civic Center portion of City Hall and the gym.
- All Police & Fire emergency services will continue as normal.
Due to the fluid and ever-changing status of this pandemic, these policies could be altered at any time to protect the health and well-being of the public and City employees. The City is taking all precautions to comply with the recommendations of the Winnebago County Health Department and the Executive Orders of the Governor of the State of Illinois. These precautions are in effect from Monday, March 23, 2020, through April 6, 2020. After this period, these procedures will be readdressed and possibly extended if deemed necessary.
Director of Community Development & Public Works/Building Official
100 Heart Boulevard
Loves Park, IL 61111
Phone: (815) 654-5033
Fax (815) 654-5004