After a thorough bid process, The City of Loves Park has selected Nordic Energy Services, LLC as the new supplier for the contract term starting on the ComEd reading date in September 2017 for one year and ending in September 2018.
The existing contracted rate of $.06203 with Dynegy will continue until September of 2017.
As an eligible participant, there are two supply options available to you – a Traditional option where the energy is supplied through traditional generation sources and a 100% Renewable option where 100% of your energy comes from renewable energy sources. All participants will be automatically enrolled in the Traditional program unless you call and request the 100% Renewable or “Green” energy option. If you do not want to participate in either program, you can choose to opt-out online at wwww.nordicoptout.com or by returning the enclosed form before July 5th, 2017.
- The Traditional Power Program is $0.07114 per kWh and is guaranteed until September 2018.
- The Renewable Power Program is $0.07314 per kWh and is guaranteed until September 2018. To select the Renewable Power program, please call Customer Service at 866-614-6952.
- There is no enrollment, switching or early termination fee.
- This is a firm fixed all-inclusive rate.
Letters from the City via Nordic will go out to the residents at the beginning of June to opt out or opt in the Community program.
Residents and small businesses in the City of Loves Park have 3 options:
- Continue with or join the Community Program.
- Opt out and/or stay on ComEd as the energy provider. (The ComEd rate starting in October through next June will be $.07191 according to the latest rate tariff).
- Select a 3rd party supplier on your own.
If there are any questions, please contact City of Loves Park officials at (815) 654-5030.
Also, questions may be addressed to Rock River Energy Services at 815 732-4603.