* Please Note the application process for this position is currently closed. If the application timeframe would be re-opened, additional information will be posted here
Public Works Bookkeeping Clerk
Starting hourly salary
$34,000 – $41,600
The Loves Park Water Dept. is seeking a well-organized individual with strong data entry, customer service, bookkeeping, oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative, bookkeeping, and customer service work with the ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and pay careful attention to details.
Summary of Duties
- Respond to all incoming calls and route to appropriate department/person.
- Answer and resolve billing questions by telephone, written correspondence, emails, and in-person; Submit requests for adjustments to bills, if appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to perform a variety of specialized administrative and data entry functions; maintain data entry reports.
- Setup and verify Customer accounts utilizing established procedures.
- Accept payments from customers; post payments to accounts, perform daily reconciliation process and prepare deposits.
- Assist in the activity of processing data from monthly meter reads and coordinates resolution of exceptions and/or discrepancies.
- Use of accounting/Utility Billing System to create monthly water bills and prepare for mailing.
- Maintain list of delinquent accounts; receive extension requests from customers. Schedule, Draft and Mail reminders, late, or disconnect notices as appropriate.
- Processes Customer complaints and requests into work order requests; records customer information; sends work order requests to Public Works.
- Performs all Customer Service duties as required by position.
- Supports other Customer Service Associates and Clerks in their daily tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to learn new tasks in a timely manner and embrace change and technology
- Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Skill in interpersonal relations and ability to work well with others
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Ability to accurately tabulate, record, and balance assigned transactions
- Ability to analyze data and to interpret and prepare accurate reports and records
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
- Ability to work well with the general public, addressing their questions and concerns in a courteous, helpful and tactful manner
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in an effective, efficient manner
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience performing duties outlined above.
- Knowledge of office administration and computer systems similar to those used by the Department, especially computerized billing, spreadsheets, and word processing a plus
All applications must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, IL 61111
*****Please Note the application process for this position is currently closed. If the application timeframe would be re-opened, additional information will be posted here********
**The City of Loves Park is an equal opportunity employer**