The City Treasurer’s Office is responsible for keeping accurate financial records, securely investing all City funds, accounts payable functions for all City departments, and payroll processing for the City’s employees. The current City Treasurer, John Danielson, was first elected to the office in 1997.
- Responsibilities of the City Treasurer
- Keeping accurate financial records for the City’s General Fund & 10 other multi-purpose funds
- Secure investment of City funds
- Function as Treasurer for the Loves Park Police Pension Fund
- Investment of Loves Park Police Pension Funds
- Accounts Payable for all City Departments
- Fixed Asset Management
- Payment of Pensions to Retired Police Officers
- Work with Auditor to prepare Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Payroll for City Employees
The City of Loves Park does not levy or collect a municipal property tax. An inspection of the property tax bill for a Loves Park resident shows zero dollars for the municipal line item. This has been true since 1978. Any questions regarding your property tax bill should be directed to the Winnebago County Treasurer’s Office at 815/987-3010.