Freedom of Information Act Policy
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT POLICY
LOVES PARK CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
CITY OF LOVES PARK, ILLINOIS
THE PUBLIC HAS THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION PRODUCED BY THEIR GOVERNMENT, WITH CERTAIN PRIVACY LIMITATIONS (5ILCS 140). IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING THAT INFORMATION.
HOW TO OBTAIN INFORMATION: You may obtain information from the city in a variety of ways.
1. Request it in person, by telephone, writing, fax, or e-mail.
2. Or, request it under the Freedom of Information Act, which will implement the procedure under the Act.
3. The City Clerk’s policy is to immediately give upon request all information which is filed in this office. Occasionally, when receiving large requests, we may require a few days to assemble the request. (The Act provides for a 5 business day window, but it is the policy of this office to take only the time necessary to do the work. In all cases, we attempt to promptly comply with your request).
4. Original documents may be viewed within our office. Documents produced under the Freedom of Information Act are available for free for the first 50 8-1/2″ x 11″ pages, and 15 cents per page thereafter, and fees will be collected before documents are released to the requester. Plans, documents, drawings, maps etc., that are not standard 8-1/2″ x 11″ will be reproduced under FOIA at cost.
5. Information that is available from other offices may be obtained upon request or written FOIA request (forms available in the Clerk’s Office or on website). Your requests will be processed as quickly as possible.
6. The Clerk’s Office can assist you in identifying the appropriate records officer for each department, and forwarding your request.
7. Occasionally, an extension of time is required. You will be notified in writing if an extension is required.
8. Occasionally, some information may be denied pursuant to the Act. You will be notified in writing if material is denied. There is an appeal process if you disagree with the denial. The Clerk’s Office and/or Legal Department will assist you in explaining the appeal process.
9. We are happy to assist you should you have any questions regarding your rights under the Act.
City of Loves Park Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officers
1. Mayor Darryl F. Lindberg
2. City Clerk Robert J. Burden
3. Deputy City Clerk Sheila K. Mills
FOIA Officers are located at:
Loves Park City Hall
100 Heart Blvd.
Loves Park, IL 61111
LIST OF RECORDS CITY OF LOVES PARK WILL
FURNISH IMMEDIATELY UPON REQUEST
UNDER FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
1. Minutes of Loves Park City Council Meetings
2. Minutes of Loves Park City Council Committee Meetings:
- Finance and Administration Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Public Works Committee
- Codes and Regulations
- Committee Community Development Committee
3. City of Loves Park Ordinances from 1947
4. City of Loves Park Resolutions From 1991 5. Tax Levy Ordinances from 1948