The Loves Park Civil Service Commission is taking applications for a general maintenance position in the Public Works Department. Applications are available at the Loves Park City Clerk’s Office, 100 Heart Blvd., Loves Park, IL and must be received by 4:30 p.m. on October 16, 2017.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer physical exam.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to enter and exit a 30” manhole opening.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug screening test.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Class B CDL license preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL within the first 60 days of employment.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to be on-call 24/7 as necessary and work weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Experience in public works, construction and automotive fields required.
- Starting pay is $20.69 per hour plus benefits.
There will be an oral exam with the Civil Service Commission on November 1 and November 2, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
The City of Loves Park is an equal opportunity employer.